Molly truly loves the art of hair–from the geometry of cutting, to the chemistry of color and the ever-evolving creativity of her industry. An accomplished artist who has exhibited pencil and charcoal drawings in Old Town Scottsdale’s galleries, Molly brings both precision and artistic vision to every style. She specializes in balyage, a wildly popular French technique that involves hand-painting highlights onto hair to add depth and dimension. Molly has been part of the Rumors Salon family for four years, and clients love her for her friendly demeanor and artistic range.
• She can’t live without Unite’s U Luxury Argan Oil
• She has three cats and two dogs
• Johnny Depp’s movie Edward Scissorhands inspired her to become a stylist
Holly is a rocker girl at heart. A Phoenix native who describes her personal style as edgy-meets-classic, she’s always been fascinated by the transformative power of hair and makeup. Citing blonde bombshells like Reese Witherspoon and Julianne Hough as her celebrity hair icons, Holly lives to style her fellow blondes. From cool buttery tones to rich caramels and everything in between, she creates multi-tonal highlights that sparkle. She excels at haircuts and blowouts, too, specializing in long, layered looks as well as trendy bobs. Holly studied at Penrose Academy before training in the Rumors Salon apprentice program. She was a quick study, and we’re proud to count her among our friendly, talented stylists.
• Oribe’s Creme for Style is her go-to beauty product
• She loves Chinese food
• She rocks out to Creedence Clearwater Revival, Ten Years & Led Zeppelin
Brandy Wilder joined Rumors Salon in 2013 from Rolf’s. A talented stylist, Brandy specializes in wearable curls, glamorous blowdrys and classic bobs. But her self-proclaimed best work is “long, sexy hair.”
• Foodie that enjoys trying new restaurants
• Keeps up with the Kardashians (and hates to admit it!)
• Loves CrossFit
• Not-so-secret fan of Ryan Gosling Belize
If you are looking for a stylist who “lives, eats, and breathes” hair, Selena is for you. Education is very important to Selena and she is the head of Rumors apprentice training program and also an educator for Redken. Selena has been working behind the chair as a hair stylist for over ten years and truly loves what she does. She follows seasonal trends and loves offering her clients new looks and ideas for their hair. She has traveled internationally to numerous shows, classes, and trainings and makes it a point every year to go somewhere inspiring for education.
• Selena can’t start her morning without her Starbucks Venti Iced Coffee
• She loves trying new restaurants
• Jameson is her kryptonite
• She can’t live without L’oreal Professional’s In-Salon Treatments
Dustin joined Rumors in 2009 after completing an apprenticeship and working behind the chair for a few years. His love for cutting is infectious, and you can’t help but watch him while he works. He loves short hair styles and creates very wearable looks for his clients. Dustin is also trained in Redken hair color and stays on top of the latest color trends. He has taken numerous cutting classes, has worked on a movie set and is also an educator for Rumors. The classes Dustin teaches are always fun, creative and informative. He really encourages our staff to think outside the box. A talented stylist, Dustin would love for you to be his guest at Rumors.
• Enjoys cooking and food
• Labyrinth and Amelie are his favorite movies
• He teaches pottery at a local studio
• Rocky Road is his favorite ice cream
Amanda’s love for hair runs in the family: she practically grew up in her Dad’s salon. Inspired by Dad’s dedication to his craft, Amanda followed in his footsteps and takes great pride in carrying on the family passion for style. Amanda loves to color and highlight hair, from balayage to the perfect foil placement. She keeps her skills sharp by attending a range of cutting and color classes from the best names in beauty in both New York and Los Angeles. With a natural eye for style, Amanda is always up-to-date on the latest and greatest fashions. Her keen eye for trend-spotting is clear in the beautiful styles she creates for her clients.
• Nylon, Elle & W are her favorite magazines
• Amanda can’t live without Dry Texture from Oribe
• Favorite Apps: Instagram & Pintrest
• True Food is her favorite restaurant
Lela worked as a stylist in Europe for over 15 years before moving to the States. She is classically-trained, so it’s no surprise that classic styles are her first love. She enjoys coloring and highlighting–especially blondes (they really do have more fun!). Lela also has a gift for elegant updos, and she’s an important part of the Rumors Salon bridal styling team. Kind and easy going, Lela lives to please her clients.
• Lela loves anything coffee
• She enjoys spending time with her family
• Home-cooked meals are her favorite
• Loves to curl up with a good book
Becky is a Wella Master Colorist that has a fun and unique style all her own. From her hair to her makeup and clothes, Becky looks like she walked out of the pages of her favorite magazine, NYLON. A knowledgeable and experienced stylist, Becky is one of the Rumors Salon Educators, assisting with our apprentice training program and advanced classes. An all-around talent, she loves both coloring and cutting equally. When she’s not teaching other stylists, Becky stays on top of the latest trends and techniques by attending classes in various cities from Los Angeles to New York. Becky is also one of our bridal experts and is one of our go-to bride stylists.
• She can’t live without mascara
• Pizza and wine are her favorite vices
• Costa Rica and Connecticut are her vacation spots
Kendra worked behind the chair for over two years before joining the Rumors team in 2010. With a deep passion for creative work, Kendra thrives in the ever-evolving hair industry and attends numerous cutting and coloring classes to learn the latest techniques. She loves getting the chance to step outside the box, introducing new colors and cuts to clients who are ready for a change. But as much as she loves following ever-changing trends, Kendra always draws from solid training in classic cuts and colors. No matter what type of look she’s creating, her goal is to tailor each style to her client’s unique personality and hair type.
• Words With Friends is her favorite app
• San Diego, Mexico and Disneyland are her vacation spots
• She grooves to the Zac Brown Band station on Pandora